Friday, November 2, 2007

Christmas is on it's way

On Wednesday I bought some new decorations for the tree this year. I have decided to do the tree in greens and purples - bit like a peacock. My husband thought I was nuts when I came home with some tree decs - what does he know anyway?!?!?!

So Thursday, I had the day off and very naughtily sent my daughter off to nursery so that I could spend the whole day on crafting with all my stash spread out over the lounge!!!

This is the first card - I used a Penny Black stamp cut out and put onto some pearlised card. I coloured in the image using some Sakura Glaze pens to give the post box some gloss and water coloured the rest of the image. I then used Cuttlebug Snow embossing folder to emboss the bottom circle and used a gold peel off greeting and a bit of ribbon. The bottom circle is meant to look like a bauble - could you tell???


My next card is using the same stamp but coloured all in water colours. I thought the postage stamp paper went well with the post box - it is from the Papermania Christmas stack.

I just love Penny Black stamps - as if you couldn't tell!!
Here is a gate fold one:

And here is another one (there are some more cards using this stamp to be posted up later as I used this stamp for my UKS Glitzy Christmas Card Swap)

My last cards are using the Santa's Workshop stamp by Whipper Snapper - the first one is the same as the last one I posted but I didn't think it looked right so I changed the greeting for a stamped and embossed greeting in red tinsel embossing powder.

And lastly ...

I used a swing card template that I found on the web which I amended to use it on A5 card. It was a bit fiddly and I cut it by hand and so up close doesn't look very good. I am going to redesign it using the Craft Robo.

No comments: