Friday, November 30, 2007

Glitzy Christmas Card swap

This week I received the cards back from the UKS Glitzy Christmas Card swap that Monica (Passion Flower) hosted. This is the first swap I have taken part in and now I have signed myself up for another - only 3 cards this time. The cards I got back are fantastic. Now I can post up the cards that I sent out for the swap and the cards I got back. I would love to know who in the swap got my cards and then see what I received back in return. I will put the cards I got first and then my cards I sent out next. If I find out who got which of my cards, I will edit the post and the pictures in that order.

Here goes (I hope my photography does them justice - it is so dark and dingy today)

Firstly Monica's card. This is simply stunning. Acetate stamped with sparkly trees and snowflakes. The card is in 2 shades of brown. Gorgeous - as always!!!!
The next card is from Teresa (Teacake). In black, green and red - the colours go together so well!!! I love the glittery holly and handbag.

The next card is from Heather D. A lovely stamped image of Santa Claus with a dark sumptious blue velvet ribbon and blue gems.

The next card is by Debbie (Dibby) and is a lovely unusual fold (i.e. I don't know what the technical name for the fold is!!!) All the edges are glittered in green with a lovely huge poinsettia bloom on it. I love the paper - I have some of it too!!! May have to case this one!!!!

The next card is by Iana and again is simple but stunning using pink vellum with a beautiful angel stamped on to it and some lovely pink brads.

The next card is my 2 year (almost) daughter's favourite. I think she is just beginning to understand who Father Christmas and her little face lights up every time she sees the card. It is made by Cath and even the enevelope was stamped front and back. The card had a lovely greeting inside too. The photo does not show how glittery Santa's hat is. Fabby!!!!

The next card is by Nicola and is using a Magnolia stamp. I love this stamp and ordered it from Funky Kits yesterday. Not sure what was used to colour it in but it is very shimmery which cannot be seen in the photo.

The next of my beautiful cards is by Trisha. Again another Magnolia. I love the Christmassy colours on this card and the different shapes of paper used. Stunning!!!

And lastly, this card is by Anna Moore. I love this card so much. It is along the same line as the stamp that I used on all my cards. It is just gorgeous and very glitzy!!! It totally sums up the Glitzy criteria of the swap!!!! Unfortunately the photo does not do this card justice! Sorry Anna.

Right my cards were:

1./

2./

3./

4./

5./

6./

7./

8./

9./

10./

11./

2 comments:

Anna said...

Beautiful cards Claire. Thank you so much for my card. I received number 5 and love it sooo much!

Monica Gale said...

Claire they re all gorgeous, thank you for taking part and thank you for your beautiful cards. Glad you enjoyed the swap ((HUGS)) Monica