Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tiddlyinks Challenge No 16 - Windows

For this week's challenge we had to create a project with a window. I have lots of aperture cards but they weren't quite the right shape or size, so I set about making one of my own using Nesties.

I have used Cup of Love Lily Bean digi image which I played around with in Photoshop Elements.
Basically I made her a bit bigger and then copied her. On one of the images I deleted the cup and on the other I deleted Lily - to end up with just a Lily and just a cup. The idea was that the cup would be on the inside of the card and be visible through the window and then Lily would be on the outside of the card. When the card is closed she still looks like she is holding the cup up. It took lots of fiddling to get the sizes right and to make sure the cup was on the right angle to be seen through the window.

I have then coloured her using Promarkers and added some glitter using Sakura glitter pens and used various odds and ends of paper, ribbon and pins to make the card.

The card closed - see she is holding up the cup:
A close up with the card slightly open. The cup is visible through the window and Lily has nothing in her hands.
The inside of the card - just the cup.
And just another picture - in case you didn't get the idea!
I have probably spent 4 or 5 hours on this card. Not that it looks like to be get everything just right and lined up was very time consuming.


10 comments:

AlliR said...

Looks great Claire, well worth all the time you spent on it

Mary B said...

Well done Claire now you have made one the next will be a piece of cake. It looks great

knitkath said...

Looks great, well worth the effort!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

WOW! I love this...so tricky and the effort paid of...looks great. :)

Summer Sunflower said...

This is lovely Claire, well worth all the effort and time that you have spent on it. It certainly looks lovely.

Karen said...

Looks really lovely Claire, its gorgeous, well worth all your hard work :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Well your time and effort was certainly worth it! this is just fabulous! Such pretty colors too! thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

Larissa said...

Great card and I love the effect you created! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Hugs,
Larissa

Lissa said...

I LOVE this! I can see the time put into it...

Thanks for playing along with the Tiddly Inkers this week... I hope to see you again next week!
HUGS!
~Lissa

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

You can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this gorgeous card!!!
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!
Kristyn