Saturday, April 12, 2008

365 Journal

I have been keeping a paper copy of everything that I post on my blog to do with the 365 challenge. I purchased a 8x8 art journal which I covered and then I would print my daily entry on to Papermania 8x8 paper and add a photo. Then I would stick 2 pages back to back onto one of the pages in the book. Because I always put the photo at the bottom of my journalling, after 3 months of entries, the book was looking really lopsided and the cover woudln't close.

So yesterday I decided that I was going to redo it and make the journal from scratch using my BIA. I reformatted every page using a different font and layout and made sure that I varied where the photo would be put to try and keep the book level once completed. This took approximately 4 or 5 hours and then I reprinted them all onto Papermania paper and then I stuck the pages back to back.

I managed to reuse the cover from the old book to cover my new journal. I also covered the back cover which I hadn't previously done and I added ribbons to both covers so that it could be tied shut.

The only problem is I do not have a big O-wire to bind it all together. I tried using a 3/4" wire but it wasn't big enough. So I will have to wait to bind it.

This is it now: January to March


I am going to have to make 4 books - each one containing 3 months of journal entries.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Claire you have inspired me to have a go at my journal. This looks great :)

Lynne aka retired nana said...

It's looking good!! Glad you like all your gadgets......all male names too:)