Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 78 - Tuesday 18th March

Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all YELLOW" – ColdPlay

A week of colour prompts.

Last week’s prompts were all a bit heavy and hard going so this week I am going to ensure that all the prompts are lighthearted. Zoë’s favourite colour at the moment is yellow and her new medicine is yellow and she loves it!!!! Better than the bright pink egg smelling stuff from yesterday.
The other ladies on UK Scrappers have taken some fantastic photo with the use clever software techniques to colour them. This has made me want to have a go at doing this. I have downloaded a free trial version of Photoshop Elements and I have taken a photo of the fruit bowl with apples, grapes and bananas in it. I plan on making the picture black and white and then colour the banana in yellow.
The technique for this is:
Duplicate the photo into another layer and turned the top layer black and white. Then use the eraser in the top layer to rub over the required part so the underneath coloured layer shows through.

5 comments:

knitkath said...

Well done on the pic, you've done a good job! Glad Zoe is happy with new medicine! Yellow is a wonderful colour!

Lynne said...

Well done I have been trying out my computer software but think I'll try photoshop now I have seen your attempts!
glad Zoe likes yellow!!

Mary B said...

Well done Claire perfect

Shirley said...

Well done Claire on using photoshop for the first time.
Great picture, you have many hours of fun ahead of you now you have got it :)
So pleased Zoe is taking her new yellow medicine.

Curly said...

Oh I'll have to have a go at this, another project to add to the list. This one is super well done you.