Sunday, January 6, 2008

365 Challenge - Days 1 -6

I have ummed and aahed about whether to put this on my blog. I am making the journal on a daily basis using the prompts from Anna's challenge -http://scrappingangelsuk.typepad.com/365_days/

I have decided that I will blog the text from the journal and then show a photo of my journal entry. Sometimes the journal text will be up without the photo of the journal but I will always catch up.

This is a catch up of days 1 to 6 which I will do backwards starting with Day 6 and work my way back to Day 1.

Day 6 - Sunday 6th January 2008

“Hold out your hands to feel the luxury of the sunbeams” - Helen Keller

Our hands tell us a lot about the person we are, our occupations, age and life. What do your hands say about you.

My hands have always been one of my favourite things about my body – starting from my wrists which are slender. My hands are small and I always think quite dainty. I have quite long fingers and my nails are very strong and grow long quickly. I like to keep my nails all one length and as soon as one breaks, then I tend to cut the others off to match the broken one.

I don’t tend to treat them very kindly. I don’t wear rubber gloves when washing up which is often and rarely apply any hand cream to them!!!! I have only ever had 2 manicures, one for my birthday years ago and then one on my wedding day which was disastrous and I took all the nail polish off before the ceremony and quickly painted them myself.
I have just done all the chores for a Sunday evening and now my hands feel dry. When I look at them more closely, they are beginning to look old – well they are almost 35 years old!

What do you expect?

Day 5 - Saturday 5th January

"I am beautiful no matter what they say" - Christine Aguilera

Lets get up close and personal. How do you feel about the person you are, inside and out?

Well this is a difficult one. I don’t want this too sound too negative as I could go on and on about
how I feel about my looks and body and none of it would be positive. I think as time has gone on, I have accepted how I look and I am quite happy with myself. I know I could be thinner, but
who doesn’t? I bagged myself a handsome husband and we have a beautiful daughter so I can’t be too bad!
I hate feeling pressured to look a certain way. I don’t subscribe to the skinny, over tanned, heavily made up celebrities that all the girls try to be. I am what I am!
On the inside I think I am ok. I am kind and caring and tend to treat people in the
same way as I expect to be treated. I cannot take a compliment and I know I
don’t have much self esteem.

My photos for this entry show me in my pyjamas looking my worst first thing in the
morning, the makeup I wear to try and make myself look a little better,
me doing my hair after a shower and then the final me... ... ready to face the day ahead!!!

Day 4 - Friday 4th January

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are" - Mary Jean Irion

Record a normal, daily routine

Today is my day off, so slightly different to my normal week days.
On my day off, I like to wake up slowly and try get a cup of tea in bed before Zoë wakes up. I managed this morning and had a peaceful 30 minutes browsing the UKS website and decided to take part in this wonderful 365 challenge. Then Zoë woke up!!!
Normally I would do all the housework on a Friday, but I didn’t today. I photographed some Thank You cards and updated my blog which took most of the morning. I then went on a stash shopping spree to The Range (had lunch there) and Hobbycraft.

It has rained more or less all day so haven’t done very much else. Zoë has been really well behaved today (for once!) until this evening, when she went a bit hyper. She gets that vicious and determined look on her face and then starts bashing me or Daddy, depending on who she is playing with at the time. James is on call and as I write this at 9.50pm has just been called out to Portland. Oh dear, he wasn’t best pleased as he was in the bath when the call came through.
Day 3 - Thursday 3rd January

"Life is too short and too amazing to spend time worrying about imperfection " - Ali Edwards
Grab your camera and click, dont worry about the imperfections!

Amongst my many imperfections is my short sightedness. I have worn glasses since I was about 15. I hate wearing glasses and although I have some nice designer Diesel glasses, I always wear contact lenses. Which is a godsend as when it is raining, if you wear glasses, then you need some windscreen wipers!!!!

As for all my other imperfections, after almost 35 years, I have just learned to live with them.
They make me who I am!!!

Day 2 - Wednesday 2nd January

"I´m gonna make a change,
For once in my life
It´s gonna feel real good
Gonna make a difference
Gonna make it right
I'm starting with the man in the mirror"
Michael Jackson

Grab your notebook at some point today and journal your feelings, or with just one word that sums up the day for you!

Well today was back to work after the Christmas break, so I think my word for the day would have to be NORMALITY
What is normal?
Life has never been the same since Zoë was born.
Every day she brings so much fun and laughter into our lives.
I am constantly amazed by how she changes every day.
I am feeling optimistic for the New Year and feel buoyed up by this 365 challenge.
I hate to make New Year resolutions as I know I will never stick to them and I like to have goals that are achievable.
The weather is cold and dull and I would rather be at home snuggled up and warm with my family. First day back at work was ok – where is my motivation?
My picture is of the sandwich making routine I go through every night in preparation for the next day.

Day 1 - Tuesday 1st January

A day without laughter is a day wasted" - Charles Chaplain

I want you to write a list of Goals for 2008, nothing to unachievable, just a list of maybe 10 things you would like to do this year.

The start of my 365 day journal.
The first prompt is to write goals for the new year.
1. Lose some weight - am 10st 9lb – eek!!!
2. Get into my photography
3. Try new crafting techniques
4. Be a better mother
5. Be a better wife, friend and lover to my husband
6. Have more confidence in myself
7. Keep in contact with distant friends
8. Be more motivated at work
9. GROW UP!!!!
10. And laugh more.

I have included a picture of Zoë laughing on the swings today at Poole Park. I love to hear the sound of Zoë’s laughter as it warms me from top to toe. I love it when she gets so giggly so she almost screams as part of her laughter and goes all weak so that she can hardly stand.

Laugh Often
Dream Big
Reach for the Stars


2 comments:

willowthewysp said...

Brilliant!!
I really do envy your hands!!!I have to be SO careful with mine because they crack so easily!
xx

Shirley said...

I love the way you have interprated the prompts and like willow I really envy those hands as well!
X