Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 12 - Saturday 12th January

Savour life's tiny delights - a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a hug from a child, a walk with a friend, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear - John Anthony

What little thing brings comfort to your day?

Mmmmmm... ... for the fear of repeating myself, I think this journal entry has got to be about Zoë. I am sure as any mother would tell you, there are many things that children do or say that bring comfort to you.

Zoë loves to sit and have a book read to her. Her favourite book at the moment is an In The Night Garden Book which involves lots of singing and actions. Sometimes, when she brings the book over, I inwardly groan as we must read this book several times a day, but then when she climbs up on to the sofa next me and cuddles in and says “Mummy please” or “pease” as she pronounces it, I can help but give into her. She gets so excited as we read the book and sing and do all the actions.

The other thing is the kiss I ask for every morning when I drop her off at nursery. We go in and unpack her school bag, take off her coat and shoes and then I ask her for a kiss and she always gives me a lovely kiss goodbye which remains with me for the rest of the day. I nearly always leave the nursery saying “aaahhhhh”. And of course I have a kiss good night every night!!!!
Zoë’s kisses are quite funny and she sort of raspberries in your face as she kisses you. I think she is trying to do the mwahh sound and it comes out as a bit of a raspberry.

A small touch means so much!

No comments: