Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 21 - Monday 21st January

Food is an important part of a balanced diet" - Fran Lebowitz

I am interpreting this prompt to mean to make sure you make time for food in the busy hectic schedules of life.

Being a Mum and working 4 days a week, means that I do have a pretty hectic life but I am not one to miss out on meals as I know I am pretty hopeless when I am hungry. I lose my concentration and all I can hear is my tummy shouting for food!!.

I enjoy my food, but I probably don’t make enough time to actually enjoy what I am eating or to notice what I am eating. I wolf my breakfast down in the mornings because time is always at a premium, at lunch at work, I tend to munch my sandwiches whilst catching up on my journal or surfing the web and then at teatime, I scoff my dinner quickly so that I can get on with the rest of the evening jobs.

Of course then in the evenings I tend to pick at naughty food to make up for feeling like I haven’t eaten enough all day. My favourites are Rainbow Drops which are sweets that I used to eat as a kid but now they come in big bags – which I will eat the whole bag in an evening. I guess they can't be too bad as they are only bits of puffed rice but then they are coated in a sugary crispy coating, so perhaps not so good either! Mmmmm yummy!!!

2 comments:

willowthewysp said...

You have hit the nail on the head with this prompt i think!
i know exactly where you are coming from with regards finding the time to eat properly...eating properly is part of a balanced diet as well as the food itself:)
xx

Shirley said...

I think this could be called a busy mums normal diet.
All you mums need to look after yourselves you are special :)