Friday, January 4, 2008

Photography

I have a list of things that I want to achieve this year and one of them is to get into photography. I already had a Nikon point and shoot camera which we bought when I was pregnant with Zoe. It is ok but the delay between pressing the button and the camera actually taking the picture is so annoying. I really struggled to get any nice photos of Zoe - she seems to know just when to look away!!!!

So I have decided that (is my birthday on the 11th Jan) I would ask for money for my birthday and then get myself an entry level digital SLR camera. So off we went and bought a Canon 400D - early I know but my lovely husband paid for half of it.
I love it. I haven't got a clue what I am doing with it but it seems quite forgiving and I have taken a few shots with it. I know I already need a zoom lens to go with it as the zoom on the lens that came with it is no different to what my little Nikon has. I haven't dared tell my husband that as he thinks I am mad for buying it in the first place and that I won't use it much!!! Little does he know!!

I really want to do a course but can't find one in my area but have found this great website for Canon cameras
http://www.usa.canon.com/content/rebelxt_tutorial/rebelxtlessons.htm

I will try to post pictures up on here as I take any ones that I am happy with!!!

No comments: