Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year rings in Craftiness

My last post for the day!!!
I have been a member on the UK Scrappers website for some months now but I have joined a new team on there. We are called Altered Angels. There are 10 of us and we have a great time chatting, crafting, and attempt to earn points by taking part in challenges.
Apart from the couple of swaps that I have done, I haven't actually taken part in any challenges. I only have made cards in the past and one of New Year resolutions is to try out more different crafty things.
With that in mind, I have joined 2 challenges, both are a year long.
The first is a A-Z challenge. Basically you decide on a format and a theme and then every two weeks, you do the next letter in the alphabet and do a layout based on it. There are lots of options, like Books of Me, Tag books, scrap books etc and basically you can do it on anything as long as you do the A-Z. For more details see here http://itsacreativeworld.typepad.com/its_a_creative_world/a-to-z-art-journal-2008.html
I have decided to do it on Zoe. She has just turned 2 and so I thought it would be a good way to journal a year in her life. I am going to do it as 12x12 scrapbook with each letter representing an achievement, activity or one of her favourite things. I will end with 26 layouts - HOPEFULLY!!!!

The second challenge is called 365 challenge http://scrappingangelsuk.typepad.com/365_days/ . This is where you journal your life with photos everyday based on the prompts given by Anna on the website. I got myself a 8x8 sketch pad and am going to alter the front and back cover. Then we will be given a weekly layout to do based on something we have journalled that week. This will give us 52 layouts.
I will try to keep up with both my challenges and will post up the layouts on here.

No comments: