Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 32 - Friday 1st February

"When I haven't any blue, I use red"- Pablo Picasso


Find red in your life today


I have been into Poole today to buy a new zoom lens for my camera and some other bits and bobs. I thought that I would buy something new to wear as I hardly ever buy stuff for myself. I went into Next but everything was so dull and grey in there. So as usual I ended up in the Children’s section to look for something for Zoë, but didn’t see anything in there I liked either. I did see a lovely red handbag but it was quite large so I didn’t buy anything in the end.
I went to Costas for a cup of tea and opposite is a travel agent so I thought that I would get some holiday brochures. We haven’t taken Zoë abroad yet as I worry about the heat and stuff. But she will be 2 ½ by the summer so I thought I would investigate it. The lady in there was really helpful and suggested various locations so that the flight wouldn’t be too long and where the facilities are good for children.
Looking through the brochures, it all looks lovely and very tempting. I will have to speak to James tonight to see what he thinks. We went to Jersey in September and although it was lovely, it is not the same as having a hot, hot, hot holiday. Other than that our last holiday was our honeymoon to Jamaica four years ago.
So my red is my passport and also the colour I go as soon as I get into the sun!!

6 comments:

Mary B said...

good take on the challenge Claire do hope you managed to get a hot hot hot holiday this year then.

knitkath said...

Brilliant, good luck with holiday plans!

willowthewysp said...

best of luck with the plans!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Have fun with the holiday plans. Great piccy btw.

Shirley said...

Great idea, enjoy your planning it is all part of the fun!!!

Curly said...

Hear hear Shirley, sometimes the planning is as good as the holiday itself. Great take on the prompt.