Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 37 - Wednesday 6th February

"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful" - E.E. Cummings

What a fun quote!!

What a shame this quote wasn’t yesterday.
When I picked Zoë up from nursery yesterday she was dressed in spare clothes because she had been jumping in puddles when she had been outside playing. One of the nursery assistants had been letting all the kids jump in the puddles. However she got a bit carried away with one of her little friends and fell over straight into the mud and was covered in it. Nursery had to wash her clothes and her coat before I picked her up.
I like that nursery encourage them to do lots of messy play but I know now that whenever she sees a puddle she will want to jump in it. Probably just when she is on her best clothes and we are about to go out!!!
The car park for our flats is one great big puddle. Perhaps more of a lake than a puddle at the moment!!! Last night the entrance to the car park was so flooded that I struggled to get to the flat from the car and I had to skirt around the edge of it but I was still walking in the puddle.
We pay a yearly maintenance to a company to look after the garage blocks and this drain has been blocked for about 3 or 4 years and when it rains, it just floods. They have tried to fix it but to no avail. I ring constantly about it but nothing seems to get done. I hope Zoë doesn’t decide to jump in the puddle as she would probably disappear up to her middle – like Dr Foster!!!!

And she came home tonight in another change of clothes from more puddle playing at nursery.

Here is my week 5 layout. We had to use the picture from Day 32 and were challenged to use paint on the layout. I didn't like my picture for Day 32 so did some painting with Zoe and this is the layout.

4 comments:

willowthewysp said...

My little boy is terrible for puddles...esp muddy ones!

Shirley said...

That puddle looks sooooo inviting, just needs to be jumped in :)
Love it!!!!!

knitkath said...

Lovely puddle! Definitely needs jumping in!

Jane said...

super super super red lo love it