Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 43 - Tuesday 12th February

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"

Inspiration could come from the beautiful Miss Audrey Hepburn; her fashion, poise and elegance. Try looking at the title; breakfast. Maybe the famous scenes of Audrey window shopping at Tiffanys will inspire your photograph today.

Well I have never seen the film and so I had to ask around at work for some inspiration but nobody could really give me anything. The only thing I do know about the film is that famous picture of Audrey Hepburn look ever so chic. Well that is me out then.
In the photo she has her hair all swept up in a very elegant chignon, has a string of pearls round her neck and is holding a cigarette in a holder. My hair will never stay up and I don’t smoke so that only leaves me with the string of pearls.
A couple of years ago James and I went shopping in Bath just before Christmas. I love shopping in a new town at Christmas because everything looks so exciting and the lights make everything appear almost magical. Whilst we were wondering around the little alleys of shops, we stumbled upon a jewellery shop and I found a really gorgeous freshwater pearl necklace that I just fell in love with.
James is so good to me that he bought it for me. I don’t wear it very often but I do really love it and whenever I see it, I always remember the Bath shopping trip and the magical feeling that I felt that day.
It is several strings of all multicoloured pearls and wound together.

7 comments:

Mary B said...

What gorgeous colours in those pearls and I enjoyed your blog about them, you have a treasure of a DH there.

Jane said...

nice story and great depth of field on the photo

Shirley said...

I can understand why you fell in love with it it is gorgeous.
Love the photo with great DOF.

willowthewysp said...

Thats a stunning necklace!

knitkath said...

Love that necklace, lucky you! Lovely story too!

Curly said...

Oh that's beautiful, you lucky girl. That's a stunning picture too well done.

Barbara said...

Beautiful necklace. I love Bat too. Used to work there a few years ago.