Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 33 - Saturday 2nd February

"Let memories be beauty in your life, like song and roses in the winter sun" - Sascha

Where's the beauty in your life today?

I have had a busy day with the hairdressers at 9am to get my hair dyed. My roots were really bad. I can’t believe how grey my hair is getting. Scary!!! Still it is nice to have a couple of quiet hours in the hairdressers – even if it does cost too much!!!
James took Zoë off to his Mum and Dad’s for the morning, so when I got back from the hairdressers, I quickly made a card for a 21st birthday. Then I had a play with my new zoom lens. I moved the bird table and filled it up with bird food in the hope that I could photograph some birds from the bedroom window – but to no avail – the birds did not want to come into the garden.
Then we went into town to meet my brother, his son Connor and the rest of the family and my mum for a birthday lunch. We went for a Chinese buffet in a new restaurant in the Dolphin Quays right on the quay front. It was lovely with really good sea views. Basically you could help yourself to all different dishes and to as much as you wanted. So 2 plates of main dishes and 2 desserts later I could barely move. Yummy!!!!
The children had a great time running around together. They don’t get to see each other much, but when they do they always have a good time. I got some really lovely photos of them both. Shame about the scuff on Zoë’s nose!!! The staff in the restaurant were really good with the kids and Zoë was given her first ever lollipop. She loved it!!!!
We then went for a stroll along the quayside and I took a few more photos. There are fantastic views across the sea to Brownsea Island. There was beauty all around me and I managed to capture lots of it using my new lens. 131 photos later!!! I am really enjoying my new camera. My brother has offered to swap Connor, his son for my camera!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Lovely photos. Sounds like you had a good day.

willowthewysp said...

Glad you had an enjoyable day...the photos are great too:)

Mary B said...

What a super day you have had and that is a wonderful photo of Zoe and her cousin.

knitkath said...

Super pics, cute children! sounds like you had a really good day!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Sounds like a great day. Great pictures too :D Such cuties

Shirley said...

Your day sounds really lovely and it is great that you are enjoying your new camera and lens. You have certainly taken some beautiful photos with them.

Curly said...

Lovely to see the quay looking so good, we summered on our boat there in 2006 and are returning to repeat it this year as it was so blissful! Thanks for the reminder, great pic's.