Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 42 - Monday 11th February

"Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some" - Robert Fulghum

I think I lead a quite well balanced life. Although I work, currently full time, I make sure I have plenty of time for play with Zoë and for myself – well perhaps not quite as much time as I would like for myself, but I think that is right when you are a mother. Zoë comes first.
I do feel guilty about working and sending Zoë to nursery. However, she loves going to nursery and she gets much more stimulation than I could ever give her. Financially and mentally I need to work. I have worked hard to get where I am career-wise and I couldn’t just give that up.
I like to learn new things and my camera is a good example of this. I am really enjoying learning how to use it and to come up with different pictures to depict these prompts. I like time to myself to think too – but not too much time!!! My crafting is my drawing and painting – which I actually can’t do either of so making cards is my creative release and is also my play. I can’t sing or dance but I do like to listen to music, especially before going to bed. Dancing is something that I would love to be able to do and who knows perhaps sometime in the future I will take lessons and learn how to it properly!

My photo represents the balance between work - my phone and a calculator (laptop wouldn't fit on the scales) and play - Zoë's toy Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy

7 comments:

Jane said...

brill idea for the photo!

knitkath said...

This is a great pic and interpretation of the prompt, well done! Honest journalling too!

Barbara said...

Very clever picture. Love it

willowthewysp said...

Love your photo! Its a great take on the prompt!

Mary B said...

Nice take on the prompt

Steph said...

Great photo - very clever. love the scales too.

Shirley said...

Love the photo and brilliant take on the prompt!