Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 54 - Saturday 23rd February

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” - Audrey Hepburn

Again this a deep quote and I am not sure that I am interpreting it correctly but here is my take on it.
I think I am a good person or at least I do try to be. I try to help others when they need it and even sometimes when they don’t need it. I could be perceived as a bit naive as I always believe in the best of people and this has turned out to be a problem sometimes as I have shared my troubles with people only to find out that they have then used that against me.
I can’t play mind games or the political games that often get played in the workplace. I am what you see and I like to think other people are the same but more often than not, they aren’t. This has caught me out on a couple of occasions. However as someone once said to me “If you stand on the river bank long enough you will soon see your enemies float past”. This could not be more true in relation to my job over the past few years.
I like to be treated as I would treat others. Why can’t everyone be kind and caring, open and honest and not have to play games? There are so many troubles and wars in the world that are borne out of greed and hunger for control. I say “Live and let live”.
I know I am not alone. I have a lovely caring husband, a beautiful daughter, kind parent in laws and although I don’t see much of my Mum as she seems to be reliving her teenage years (long story – don’t ask!!!) I know that she will always be there for me. And now my Dad is there for me too after a long absence. This photo was taken at Zoë’s naming ceremony in September 2006 and was the first time my Mum and Dad had been in the same room for 30 years. This is James, my brother, me and Zoë and my Dad.

3 comments:

willowthewysp said...

Awww, that is some lovely journalling:)
You are so right about people who play mind games..i don't have time for mind games, mind games can be very hurtful!

knitkath said...

Lovely pic! Your journalling is so true, mind games are a no no in my book too, just be open and honest!

Curly said...

Oh I go for honesty every time, mind games is such a misnomer! ( if that's the correct word)