Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 56 - Monday 25th February

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you" - Dr Seuss

Funny that this prompt is the complete opposite for me today, in fact for the whole week.

It is the last week of the holiday year at work and so lots of people in the office are on holiday and so I seem to be doing their work as well as my own. On a Monday morning one of my colleagues does an audit on the sales, refunds and general systems use for the previous week and in her absence I get to do it. It takes about 3 hours to complete and then you know no one bothers to reads it – very frustrating. There are other various tedious jobs that she has to do and I have got to do them too!!! No wonder she needs a holiday!!!

Also we have a weekly communications document that goes out to all the garden centres. Another one of my colleagues does this and in her absence, old muggings here, gets to do it.

Nobody seems to realise that I am busy too and that it is the first day of the new financial year and so I have stacks of work to do of my own. I should have taken my remaining holiday last week but due to Matt leaving and work load, I didn’t get to take it and am having it paid instead. Can you tell I am feeling sorry for myself?

3 comments:

Curly said...

Oh Claire poor you. But just think of all the stash you could buy with the extra pennies. Or a special day out with the family for some more photo opportunities with Zoe?

Lynne said...

I knew there was something wrong today, now I know why! Poor you **hugs**
I think you should persevere with LO's the ones you have done are just great!

Barbara said...

Love your photo for today and your LO is great.