Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 58 - Wednesday 28th February

“Look at what you've got and make the best of it. It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” - Proverb

Take time today to focus on what YOU have and not what you don't have.

I do realise that I am a very lucky girl. I do try to concentrate on how fortunate I am rather than what I would like to have. I think I am a “half full glass” type of person rather than a “half empty glass” type.
I know I have a good life with a caring husband and lovely daughter. I have a nice place to live, which could be bigger, but it is ours and that can be quite an achievement nowadays with the house prices as they are. I have a good job which I really enjoy. I hardly ever wake up in the morning dreading having to go to work and I know how rare that can be. I wouldn’t say we were rich but we have a pretty comfortable lifestyle.
Zoë is healthy and growing into a well adjusted little girl – sometimes! I know she is in a good nursery where she is safe and well cared for. I would like another child but there is time for that yet.
I still have my cough and have been to the doctors today as I have coughed so much, I have hurt my back. But all in all, I think I am pretty lucky and have everything in life that I need.
When I picked Zoë up from nursery today, she had made me a Mother’s Day card and so that is my photo for today.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Lovely card. Glad you went to the Docs.

Curly said...

Oh it's the precious things like this that just make your day don't they.