Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 36 - Tuesday 5th February

"The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work" Oprah Winfrey

Concentrate on this prompt more for the journalling. Go back to your goal list, how are you getting on? Take a self portrait

Lose some weight - am 10st 9lb – eek!!!
Not sure about this one as I only ever weigh myself at the beginning of the day, so this will have to wait until tomorrow

Get into my photography
I have definitely achieved with this 365 challenge. I am really enjoying using my camera but I still have lots to learn and am hoping to do some photography courses this year.
Try new crafting techniques
I have made a little progress on this as I have never done any scrap booking until I started this challenge and I am also doing an A-Z of Zoë. I have tried using acrylic paints but not had much success and still haven’t even opened my Bind It All.
Be a better mother
Not sure about this. Zoë has managed to fall down the stairs in the last month and I feel like I am forever shouting at her to do or not to do stuff. We had great fun yesterday hand painting. I probably think I have done ok on this but there is probably room for improvement.
Be a better wife, friend and lover to my husband
Probably failed on all of these!!!
Have more confidence in myself
I think I have done ok with this one. I think I am more confident and will speak to anyone about any subject
Keep in contact with distant friends
Failed
Be more motivated at work
Since Matt resigned, I have definitely improved in this area. I think this links into the confidence goal too
GROW UP!!!!
Failed but then I wanted too!!!
And laugh more
Have had a pretty rubbish month but I think I do laugh more!

This photo was taken at the weekend and I have just taken a big mouth of ice cream and it was very cold!!!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Great journalling. Didn't realise you had only started scrapbooking with this challenge. well done on the LO's so far.

Shirley said...

Great post today and love the photo.
For what it's worth I think you are doing pretty well with that list :)

willowthewysp said...

You havn't failed! Its only february! Don't beat yourself up about it!
As for thinking you always seem to be shouting at your child or saying don't do this or that...don't we all?

Steph said...

Great photo. Great Journalling, and well done you!

knitkath said...

Love the pic and you have journalled well, you are getting to your goals!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Great journalling...keep going with the goals

Lynne said...

Loved your honest journalling over your goals (which I thought were good achievable goals)

Love the photo, thought you would be fair haired!!