Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 57 - Tuesday 26th February

"Joy enters the room. It settles on the windowsill, waiting to see whether it will be welcome here." - Kim Chernin

Is it me or are these prompts getting harder and harder?
Well I think I can safely say that I embrace joy whenever I can and I am the type of person who likes to be happy and having fun whenever I can. Contrary to what my husband would tell you, I am not the type of person who is glum or moody or who goes into a sulk over silly things. Life is short and I believe you should grasp it with both hands and enjoy it as much as you can. What is the point of being grumpy and sullen when you could be laughing and joking about something instead?
I have got into trouble at work in the past for having too much fun but I think as long I am getting my work done and I am not affecting other people then where is the harm? We have recently had a change of managing director and we get on really well and he likes to laugh and joke as much as I do. He shares my philosophy about being at work for a long time and you should be able to enjoy your time there.
So joy come and sit on my windowsill and I will lift you down and give you a great big hug and cuddle and you will never want to leave!

2 comments:

cantstopstampin said...

oh what fantastic journaling Claire. Brilliant. I hadn't got a clue what to do today - reading your's makes me realise 'why the heck am I doing this' - I'm just not in the same calibre as you and the others.

Sorry to sound negative, I'm not really, just realise that I've been living in the past.

Thanks for letting me read through your blog - it's been brilliant reading.

I'll go now before I dig a deeper hole for myself. Truly, is wonderful to read. Well done.

Gill.

Mary B said...

That is such a lovely photograph and nice journaling too