Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 51 - Wednesday 20th February

“Be the change that you want to see in the world” – Mohandas Ghandi

A great reminder of why we are doing this.

This is a very deep and meaningful prompt – probably a bit too deep for me. The reason I chose to do this was challenge was to be able to earn points from doing the layouts for my new team on UKS. You don’t earn points for making cards so I needed to start scrap booking and I needed help with prompts of what to do . I have to admit to not really liking scrapbooking, but I am really enjoying the journaling and photography aspects of this challenge. I had bought a new digital SLR camera in the January sales so it was also a good reason to make the most of the expensive equipment I had bought.
The prompts do make you think of things in a different way. Sometimes they are hard, such as today, and other times they are easy.
I have been thinking for the last few weeks that I would really love to have another baby soon. Zoë is 2 now and I am 35 and I am conscious that I don’t really have time on my side. There are some financial constraints that would make having another baby difficult. We live in a 2 bedroom flat so we would really need to move but then our mortgage would be sky high as opposed to the small amount we currently are paying. I already pay exorbitant nursery fees for Zoë – last months was £850 although it was a 5 week month and it included my extra days. When she turns 3, we do get some sessions paid for so it would come down a bit but having to pay for 2 children in nursery would be still be expensive. I know I couldn’t give up work totally as it would drive me mad. I could wait until Zoe is say 4 and then she would be starting school by the time I would be returning to work but then I would 2 years older too and I worry about the risks of pregnancy then.
Then again we had lots of worries about having Zoë in the first place but you just get on with it, don’t you?
Zoe is 2 days old in this photo

4 comments:

knitkath said...

Oh Claire, what decisions to make! A huge change in your lives! Hope you work it out! That pic is gorgeous!

Mary B said...

She looks so cute and vunerable there.
My DD was 36 when she had her first baby and they do want another one. So you at 35 are not too old

Barbara said...

What a big change you are contemplating. All the best in your decision making.

willowthewysp said...

That pic is gorgeous!