Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 46 - Friday 15th February

"Wonderful Life"

My all time favourite film. So much to take from this film, need I say more

Guess what – again I haven’t seen this film either. I have Googled it and this is what I got:
“An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing what life would had been like if he never existed”

I can’t begin to pretend that I would have touched so many people as in the film but I would like to think that I have made some impact somewhere.
In work terms, I am an IT Manager and so am helping my users all day long. I never get a phone call to say that everything is fine, I only ever get calls to tell me that someone has a problem. I like resolving the issue and getting the user working again as quickly as possible.
In my home life, I know my every action has an impact on how Zoë will turn out as a person and so James and I try to be good parents. This doesn’t always work out and I know I rant at her too much at probably pretty inconsequential things. I think it is important for her to share things, to be kind and considerate to others, to be polite and well mannered, to eat nicely and be nice to her parents. Perhaps she is too young at 2 for some of this, but I think if I start it early enough it will just be second nature to her.
Maybe there is a bit more work to be done on the eating nicely...

4 comments:

Curly said...

You've got this sooooo right the important thing is not the eating nicely but the doing it independantly!!! But it's also never too early to instill the basics, it's lovely to hear that some people still do, I wonder sometimes at the lack of basic manners in some of our children at school. Sorry off the soap box now.

willowthewysp said...

Oh, i have SO many photos like this of my boys!
But at 9, you would think my second son would eat a little better......!!!LOL

Mary B said...

Looks as though she enjoys her food which is such a good thing.

knitkath said...

Aaawwwww, cute pic, she'll get there in the end! At least she is eating!