Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 190 - Tuesday 8th July

"Glam Rock (also known as glitter rock) - performed by singers and musicians wearing outrageous clothes, makeup, hairstyles, and platform-soled boots"

What part of Glam Rock will inspire you today? Were you even born yet, do you have a memory from the 70's to journal ?

I was born in 1973 so wasn’t really aware of the Seventies at the time and I was more of a Eighties girl – you know Wham and Duran Duran etc. I love some of the music from the Seventies though – Bee Gees, any Motown, Elton John, Queen etc. I remember wearing some pretty hideous clothes as a child – mostly I loved them at the time especially a tartan woollen poncho. I think I would have loved to be have a teenager in the 70’s as the fashion was just so outrageous – lots of shininess and glitter and most importantly stacked shoes – and seeing as I am only 5ft 1, I could do with those now.
My photo is of some fab shoes that I bought in Ibiza about 6 years ago. I never wear them now but at the time I just loved them more than life itself and they remind of the 70’s platforms.

5 comments:

domestic goddess said...

lol, i ahve gone for glam shoes too today!

Mary B said...

Oh my goodness aren't they tall bet that made you feel a lot taller too

knitkath said...

now that is a pair of shoes!

malaryush said...

Those are just amazing - i love them!

Lynne said...

Fancy still having those 6 yrs on!! Wonder when you wore them? pre Zoe days I guess!