Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Freedom - Second Layout - Travel

The journalling prompt for this layout was to do it in an interview style. This layout seemed together much easier and I am much happier with it than the Time one.

Page 1:Page 2:
As a double layout:

Close up of journalling:

Here is my journalling:

Where were you born?
I was born in Swanage, Dorset on the South Coast of England

Where have you lived?
I have lived in Dorset all my life. I grew up in a small rural village called Lytchett Matravers but now live closer to town.

What travel experiences do you remember from your childhood?
When I was about 10, my brother and I travelled to see my grandparents who lived in Cyprus. This was the first time I had flown and I remember being really scared not having my mum there. The air hostesses were fantastic and really looked after us. The holiday was great too as we got really spoilt by my granddad (as always!!!!)

Where do you travel on a day to day basis?
The extent of my daily travel is to work and back. I drop Zoë to nursery on the way. It is a 6 mile journey each way which would normally take about 20 minutes but due to a bridge being closed for 5 months for repair, it now takes about 50 minutes and drives me absolutely nuts and seems a complete waste of my TIME!!!!

For what reasons do you travel?
I mainly travel to work, to go shopping, to visit friends or family and maybe for the odd drive out. We normally have one holiday a year which could be in the UK or abroad.

Do you travel light or push you luggage allowance?
Since having Zoë we never seem to travel light anymore, even on a day to day basis. In terms of proper holidays, I do tend to overpack things and then bring most it home unworn. I really need to learn to travel lighter on the way out, so I bring lots of things back with me.

What modes of transport do you use?
Car, car and car!!! I do not do buses as they never seem to go where I need to go.

What place in the world has left an impression on your soul? How did that happen?
I love visiting the Lake District. The scenery is just so beautiful and outstanding. It seems to tranquil and quiet there. Just the bleating of sheep on the hills and lapping of the water on the shores of the lakes.

Has there been a time in your travels that you wished you had stayed at home?
No I can’t think of any time when that has happened

Given no obligation, no cost, no need to pack sensibly or be responsible for anything other than you own happiness, where would you travel right now?
It would have to be somewhere hot and sunny as we seem to be having yet another wet summer. I would love to just lie in the sun reading a book and soaking up the sunshine. Somewhere like the Maldives. When the sun gets too hot, I would just dive into the sea or pool and maybe have the odd cocktail or too!

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Well done, intersting how we are all doing them slightly differently.I am enjoying it now i have got to grips with what we are doing :)

Curly said...

I'm loving these, and your LO's are fab Claire. I love your colours, and your journalling is great.

valerie said...

fab LO love all the photos I was much happeir with this one too

Val(dotty_dotty)

malaryush said...

Great journalling and a beautiful LO. The Maldives was my 'extra page' earlier this week :)

Kathy said...

love the wheel of the car!

CloClo said...

Great work - I especially love the circles on your time layout, they work brilliantly xxx