Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 213 - Thursday 31st July

"Listen to the Mustn't's child, Listen to the Don't's. Listen to the Shouldn't's, the Impossibles, the Won't's. Listen to the Never Haves, then Listen close to me. ANYthing can happen, child, ANYthing can Be.” - Shel Silverstein (1930-1999), poet, songwriter, musician

This is quite poignant for me at the moment as Zoe is definitely in her terrible two’s and is trying to find out just exactly what she can and can’t get away with. For the majority of the time, she is great fun and a joy to be with, but then she can just turn and throw the biggest tantrum imaginable over something really minor. She can’t seem to find a way back from these tantrums either, so she works herself up into a real frenzy and you just have to ignore her for a while.
I feel like I am constantly telling “No” or blackmailing her into, either doing something or not doing something. I am not sure this is the best way to deal with her, but it tends to work and I do try to be consistent about things and if I threaten something then I will carry it out.
Why did she come without a manual?

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Great photo of Zoe, definately think user manuals should be supplied when we give birth. I always wished my 2 girls came with volume controls too LOL
X

Barbara said...

Great journalling Claire and photo. Lol at the manual.

knitkath said...

What a lovely photo! Agree about the manuals and volume control, or even better, an off switch!

malaryush said...

My hubby promised me ours would come with a manual too - I'm sure you're doing great without one though :D

Steph said...

I am with you there! Mind you if you could read the manual before hand would you really "purchase"!!!

It does get better I promise, mind you maybe boys are different