Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 193 - Friday 11th July

Classical - Often perceived as opulent or signifying some aspect of upper-level society

This is definitely not my type of music although as I get older, I don’t seem to mind quite as much as I used. It is quite nice as quiet background music. My in-laws really love classical music but by the modern artists such as G5, Bond and others.

The time I hate this music the most is when I am put on hold on the telephone - usually by some really annoying company that I am trying to phone to sort out a problem. Then what makes it even worse, is they intersperse the music with an annoying recorded message about something that never is of interest to me which you end up hearing over and over again.

I have just upgraded my old iPhone to the new 3G one and I know I will not be putting any classical music on it.

5 comments:

Mary B said...

I love that photo and oh I so agree about the inane music and recorded messages when you are on hold. I wouldn't mind if the messages said anything useful but the never do and are repeated and repeated so often.

knitkath said...

Brilliant photo! And agree about the annoying music on hold, usually because it sounds so tinny!

malaryush said...

Love that photo! And they do always choose the most awful music for putting you on old dont they

Lynne said...

Love the photo and I too hate the 'hold' music you get on the phone
Hope you enjoy your new phone

willowthewysp said...

Fantastic photo for the day!!! They use this music when putting you on hold as its supposed to be relaxing..therefore youarnt supposed to get irritated whilst onhold!!!