Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 211 - Tuesday 29th July

“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” —Voltaire (1694-1778), writer, satirist, author, humanist

There are lots of things in life that I appreciate and I think that having this outlook is a good way to live. I know that there are plenty more things that I would like to have or be, but I also know that I am very lucky to have what I have and to be what I am, in comparison to other people in this world who are not as fortunate as myself.
One thing I definitely appreciate is other people’s creativeness. I love looking on UK Scrappers at what other people create, be it cards or scrapbook layouts. I like to look through craft magazines too for ideas. I like to look at these “pieces of art” to give me some ideas and inspiration. I always think that anything I create is nowhere near the standard of the work of others – this may just be me being critical but that is how I feel. I am always much happier with what I produce if I am following a sketch or a design.
I could easily be the founding member of an appreciation society of the very talented people out there creating the most wonderful things.

4 comments:

knitkath said...

great journalling, and you have good taste in reading matter!

Shirley said...

You look nice and cosy sitting there enjoying your SI. I agree too always good to appreciate the talent of others!

Barbara said...

Great pic for today. I also enjoy looking for inspiration from others.

Lynne said...

Like the photo and the journalling too